What To Do at an Auto Accident Scene
- STOP immediately, but do not obstruct traffic.
- ASSIST injured. Have someone call police. Repeat after 5 minutes.
- SECURE names, phone numbers, addresses of other drivers, witnesses, injured persons.
- SECURE make, model, license numbers of all cars involved.
- MAKE rough drawing of scene, showing position of cars and other details.
- DON'T hastily accept claim settlement at scene of accident.
- REMAIN calm, courteous and consistent in your version of accident.
- NOTIFY your insurance agent as soon as possible.