Call us Today

Serving Clients in Massachusetts and New Hampshire


I Faqs

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options. During the Covid-19 our office is opened to serve our clients and their families.

If you have any further questions, contact us.

Criminal – OUI
Abuse Complaints
Estate Planning
Personal Injury – Work
Personal Injury – Auto


What is a contingent fee?
A contingent fee is an alternative to having to pay for legal services up front. The attorney only gets paid if money is collected. The usual fee the attorney collects when he settles the case without going to trial is 1/3. This type of fee is most often used in bodily injury or collection cases.

What is an hourly fee?
An hourly fee is usually charged in criminal, domestic, and miscellaneous cases. The fee begins with the payment of a retainer (deposit, consultation fee) at the initial meeting with the attorney. After the initial meeting, an hourly rate is charged. The fee for senior lawyers is $300 per hour; the fee for associate lawyers is $200 per hour. Compare our fees, which are at least 50% less than Boston prices.

What is a flat fee?
A flat fee is a fixed fee charged to handle a particular legal problem. These are most often used when dealing with real estate, estate planning, and elder law. It may also be used for criminal and domestic cases.

Return to top

Criminal – OUI

Disclaimer: You should NEVER drink and drive.

Do I need to give the police my license when stopped?
If a policeman stops you for any reason while driving a vehicle, you must produce both your license and registration.

Do I have to take a field sobriety test if asked?
Do NOT discuss or perform any field sobriety test and INSIST upon calling your lawyer.

If I think I can pass a breathalyzer, should I take it?
If you are of the opinion that you could pass a breathalyzer test, call your lawyer before taking it. You also have the right to a blood test.

What information should I get about the police?
Never be disrespectful to a law enforcement officer. You should respectfully obtain all of the information as to what crime they are alleging that you may have committed. You should also get the names of the police officers present and any witnesses.

What do I do if I am arrested?
Only tell the police officer your name, date of birth and social security number. Then ask to call your lawyer. IT IS YOUR RIGHT.

Return to top

Abuse Complaints

What do I do if charged by my spouse or a family member with abuse?
Follow the police officer’s advice, cooperate, leave the area and call your lawyer.

Never strike your spouse.

Return to top


If it appears that a marital relationship is headed toward divorce, suggest counseling.

What should I bring with me the first time I meet with a lawyer about my divorce? You should try to have the following information with you when you first meet with your lawyer:

  • Tax returns for the last three years
  • A list of all your assets, including bank accounts
  • A list of any real estate and mortgages
  • Any safety deposit box information
  • A list of liabilities — who you owe, what you owe them and why
  • Your marriage certificate and the birth certificates of any of your children
  • Information about any medical condition relating to your ability to work

We believe that divorces should be as compatible and friendly as possible, especially when custody issues are involved.

Return to top

Estate Planning

While all of us must eventually pass on, we can take steps now to ensure a smooth financial transition for our loved ones.

What options do I have in taking care of my estate?
Your lawyer can help you prepare the following:

  • Wills
  • Health care proxies
  • Plans for your future
  • Trusts and real estate trusts depending on your economic status
  • and more…

Return to top

Personal Injury – Work

Disclaimer: Bodily Injuries are a traumatic event. Always seek medical care immediately.

What do I do if I am injured at work?
If you are injured at work, immediately report your injuries to your employer and then seek medical care immediately. Be sure to see a lawyer qualified to handle workers’ compensation cases.

Is it ok if I am being paid in cash?
Always make sure you are being paid by your employer by check. If you are working “under the table,” you are endangering yourself and your family as you may not be able to recover workman’s compensation. Cash wages usually do not include Social Security deductions and you are putting yourself at risk of losing these benefits. It is better to be honest in your work to protect yourself and your family.

Return to top

Personal Injury – Auto

Do I need to keep anything in the car in case I get into an accident?
You must always have your license and registration in your possession. You should also have proof of insurance and a pen and paper.

Can anything hurt my chances of collecting, even if it is all the other person’s fault?
You should always wear your seat belt, as the insurance companies can use your failure to wear one as evidence of your negligence. This could hurt your chances of collecting, even if someone has rear-ended you.

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, you should do the following:

  • Obtain the names of all the drivers and passengers, and the registration and insurance information of all the vehicles involved in the accident.
  • Get the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
  • Accept medical attention immediately for you and your family’s protection.
  • Call your lawyer right away so that the evidence may be preserved.
  • Do not continue to drive your vehicle if it is unsafe.

Return to top

Disclaimer: The lawyers cannot guarantee a specific result.

Practice Areas


Office Location

DiFruscia Law Offices
302 Broadway
Suite 3
Methuen, MA 01844

Toll Free: 866-403-1903
Phone: 978-208-2566
New Hampshire: 603-898-8198
Fax: 978-687-6289

Map & Directions

In an effort to better serve our clients, we ask that you fill out this brief survey regarding your experience with DiFruscia Law Offices.